O Cosmedics™ SkinDNA™ Test
DNA Skin Testing
The O Cosmedics™ SkinDNA™ Test Kit takes the guesswork out of skin care, instead using science to identify the most suitable skin ingredients and treatment modalities based on your DNA. At its core, it uses the correct ingredients and treatment modalities to effectively target your genetic blueprint and and so ensures you never waste a single cent again on products or treatments that don’t work for you.
The DNA laboratory test examines 16 genetic markers (SNPs) in 5 categories associated with skin ageing:
- Firmness + Elasticity: Identify if you are a carrier of key genetic variations associated with accelerated collagen loss even before the signs have become visible.
- Wrinkling: Not often discussed, Glycation affects collagen and elastin fibres glycation and is now well recognised as a leading cause of accelerated skin aging.
- Sun Damage + Pigmentation: The sun’s UV rays are one of the most significant causes of premature skin aging. An individual’s genes play an important role in determining how well their skin can naturally cope under the strains of the sun.
- Free Radical Damage: Scientists now believe that free radicals are causal factors in nearly ever known disease, from heart disease to arthritis, cancer to cataracts. In fact, free radicals are a main culprit in the aging process of the skin itself.
- Sensitivity + Inflammation: Excessive inflammation is one of the most common themes in early onset skin aging. While it is a helpful response in the short term, if inflammation continues, it can play a negative role. Often subtle, the signs include skin sensitivity, redness and irritation.
The test takes just 2 minutes and 3 simple, easy steps to unlock your skin secrets:
- Collect: A swab from the inside your cheek will be collected and sent to the accredited SkinDNA™ lab for analysis.
- Diagnose: Within 7 days you will receive a comprehensive SkinDNA™ Report, analysed and explained by the clinic, that ranks each genetic marker low, medium or high risk. From these results a customised skin health plan, combining product, supplements and modalities will be created.
- Prescribe: Using the results from the SkinDNA™ Test the clinic is able to confidentially recommend an appropriate routine to prevent and correct skin concerns and preserve a more youthful looking skin.
SkinDNA™ Test Kit